I’m Adina Oltean and back in 2012 I qualified as a Personal Development Coach.
I was so proud of myself. I was all prepared to go out there and help all the people that I would meet, even if they wanted it or not.
I set up a website and I started talking to people. I was determined to become a Confidence Coach, working from home.
Being a single mum, that was my ultimate dream: to stay at home, raise my boy and have money for everything I ever wanted.
Although I was a waitress at the moment, I took the opportunity to talk to the clients coming to the restaurant.
In hindsight, I believe I was the worst waitress but the kindest conversationalist.
People didn’t get upset when I was telling them about the Law of attraction and how to become more happy and confident, and my boss didn’t fire me for disturbing the clients with my personal interests.
Slowly but surely, I built up a customer base with whom I met at the local library or on skype, in my free (limited) time. The online world was alien to me at the time.
It took me 2 years to make a living entirely from coaching and in 2014 I resigned from my job as a waitress. I was over the moon! The dream of working from home finally came true. The Law of Attraction worked! I attracted the paying clients, workshops, programs to give me the funds to work from home.
The world was at my feet and I was thinking “This shit really works! LOA really works, Goal setting really works, overcoming limiting beliefs really works.” I enrolled for a counselling course because I wanted to help even more people, and coaching alone was not sufficient for me.
Then, it hit me!
A silly incident, an encounter with a dog, and lots of vaccinations made me depressed and for a few months even suicidal, due to severe side effects that the vaccinations had on me.
In a matter of 2 months I lost everything and I went back waitressing. I could work in a job but not in my business. I couldn’t help my coaching clients anymore.
I was devastated. I couldn’t understand why this happened. I was doing everything that I was supposed to do to attract abundance. I had the abundance, so what happened? Why did I lose it?
It took me 2 years to recover from the huge depression I fell into. I felt unworthy of all that I had. My mind was feeding me the lie that the Universe took everything from me because I didn’t deserve it.
I started a long process of self-healing through coaching and counselling techniques all through the last 4 years.
2018 found me stronger, clearer and determined to get my life back, my business back, my worthiness back. I qualified as a Therapeutic Counsellor too. I decided who I want to serve and How I want to serve, got my shit together and launched my online coaching business.
The lessons learnt in the last 5 years:
- Working with the Law of Attraction can bring a lot of Self-Awareness and Responsibility that you cannot reverse once you got it started
- Be careful what you ask for. I asked to become a better person. I had to go through depression and anxiety to sort out my shit and become that better person that I dreamt of becoming.
- Be careful what words you use. I used to say “Through your own experience you can truly understand and help other people”. As a counsellor you work with depression and mental health on a regular basis. I had to experience it myself so that could stay true to my belief and truly understand and help my clients.
- No matter what title you have in life (Waitress, Life Coach, Counsellor, Therapist, President, Mayor, Consultant, Cleaner, you name it!) you are in a continuous change. Whether you like it or not. Whether you know it or not. You are.
- You cannot fix your clients. You can only fix yourself. You always start with YOU first.
- Crying in bed will not move your business forward nor will it bring paying clients. So you better get up, wash your face, smile at yourself in the mirror, roll up your sleeves and work the hardest you’ve ever worked in your life. You do it for YOURSELF!
- We all go through depression at least once in this lifetime. Whether you recognize it or not, it’s up to you!
- No matter where you are at in your life, RIGHT NOW is the best moment to take action and improve it.
- The biggest asset in your life and business is YOU. Never stop improving and challenging yourself. Your MENTAL GAME decides your success.
- YOU ARE UNIQUE. Never forget this when you fall into the comparisonitis and imposter syndromes. Nobody can offer exactly the same thing as you.
Now, Im successfully running my coaching and counselling business, helping people who have no list, no tribe, no service , no clients, to start up their online service-based business through my “First Steps To Launch In 12 Weeks” program.
I am wishing you all exponential success,