I’ve recently been giving a lot of thought to pushing myself out of my comfort zone. It’s challenging to nudge ourselves in this manner but really vital for our continued growth and success. This concept applies both personally and professionally, and I’ve been zeroing in on both.
As we approach the new year, I feel that it’s even more important to do so in order to set myself up for success in 2024.
Here are ten ways that you can also push yourself outside of your comfort zone:
- Write down your biggest dream. Sometimes with all the craziness of our day to day, we lose sight of the things that we most desire in life. By putting your loftiest dream to pen and paper, you are that much closer to manifesting it.
- Target two new activities that you want to participate in. If we continue to do the same things, we are not going to push ourselves or grow. That’s why it’s so critical to specifically target trying new things.
- Identify three skills that you want to acquire within the next year. Our society and businesses are changing so rapidly that we’ve got to continuously improve ourselves to keep up. Yes, you’ve probably already engaged in a number of educational opportunities, but you’ve got to continue adding to your skillset to stay on top of it all. These new skills will serve you well.
- Figure out four people that you want to add to your network. When we bring new people into our lives, we bring in novel thoughts, ideas, and fresh perspectives. This infusion of new energy also inspires us and helps us to grow in so many ways.
- Reach out to five more people about potential business/personal opportunities. A business client once told me that “if you don’t ask, you don’t get.” So simple, but so true. Brainstorm about who you can reach out to so that you can make strides both personally and professionally.
- Come up with six goals for your personal growth and development. If we don’t have goals in place, we are not ever going to make them happen. Planning and goal-setting is a major part of personal development and pushing ourselves in new ways.
- Pinpoint seven events that you’ll attend towards your continued learning. There are so many online and in-person events, workshops, classes, and lectures that you can participate in to push yourself. Take advantage of this multitude of interesting sessions by signing up.
- Journal about eight ways that you can improve your life. When we write it down, we are so much more likely to make it happen. Plus, it will help us to focus on certain areas more deeply.
- Plan nine outings in the new year because you’ve always wanted to. There’s no time like the present. Find time for things that you’ve always wanted to see or try. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
- Make a list of ten tasks/activities that you already do well but want to take to the next level. Don’t settle for good enough. Strive to become even better and learn more. You can do it!