Georgina, she is just the sweetest! I met her before children, and did my best to talk her out of them. I’m glad she didn’t listen, as she has the cutest and the luckiest little duo today.

Yikes! Two babies in diapers I couldn’t imagine. Georgina is ambitious enough to handle the job and sweet enough to enjoy it.

She is just one of those people born to be a Mom. It’s clear she is in her element.

Those lucky little bundles, will undoubtedly not only have their needs met, but anticipated! I can already see the joy exuding from their little faces, as if they already understand what lies ahead!

Georgina, “It is hard to deal with your lost sense of freedom: trips away, running into the mall for a quick glance, going to parties. Oh how all the free time was taken for granted. I remind myself often, this is a blip in time.

When it is too late, you realize they are only babies for such a short period of time and you can’t go back. I keep saying to myself, I’ll get to do these things again someday, and in addition will have the added bonus of having two beautiful children.Tip 8

Georgina is so lucky to have the awareness the journey parenting, is a “blip in time.” As I’ve mentioned, that is something I had absolutely zero understanding of.

Although Georgina’s highlights “coping with the loss of freedom,” what a gift to recognizes the gain in sharing your world. Also, it is a gift to have the clarity that freedom will return, a gift not granted to all Moms.

In my case, I thought things would never change, even though they changed every day. It may have been a disadvantage of teen parenting, or a lack of perspective, likely a combination of many things. I’m glad Georgina knows the difference, and I hope the same for all new Moms.

I didn’t know before long, weeks and even months would pass without my son bursting through the door. I didn’t know someday he wouldn’t need me. I didn’t realize someday my home would have a deafening silence.

I never would have guessed, the freedom I longed for would quickly return, and I would soon be missing the busyness that once filled my time. I didn’t know doing a great job would mean I’d be lonely. I didn’t know my returning freedom would leave me feeling empty.

Had I have known these things, I think there would have been more time for love and play. There would have been less focus on hurrying, urgency, and moving to the next stage. Maybe I could have put more focus on slowing down. Which was also advised, but not accepted.

I think adopting Georgina’s belief may have calmed me down!

Although, this advice was provided I never understood. I am hopeful Georgina’s words will find a Mom able to see this reality, wisdom, and the timeline, a little clearer.

The most wonderful, most important, most valuable, most rewarding, and most precious “blip” of your life. It will be the most meaningful, and most memorable, source wonderment anyone can be fortunate enough to experience.

Freedom, meh! See you before you know it George!

Next week, Linda on a United Front.

Author(s)

• Doreen Coady

Author & Parenting Commentator

Author of 100 Moms 1000 Tips 1 Million Reasons & 100 Dads 1000 Tips 1Million Reasons available on Amazon and major book stores.   Doreen is empty-nester who has spent the last five years collecting tips from 199 parents. Her heartwarming and real-talk, message on parenting is woven through their collective wishes and wisdom.   Parents are diverse in terms of age, culture, social-economic background, and beliefs. Contributions provide 2000 parenting tips from others interested in helping each other, especially new parents learning the ropes.   Every tip and commentary is distinct, providing a magnificent assortment of shared experiences. The collection conveys the depth, devotion, and breadth of parenting.   This is fun, enlightening, easy to read, and a highly relatable account of parenting successes and struggles.   For ‘the why,’ check out, https://99momsplusone.wordpress.com/, or search “100 Moms 1000 Tips” on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.