With hindsight being 20/20. I couldn’t resist. Yes, that was corny. Nonetheless, we’re moving into this New Year with, what appears to be, the branding already created for us. Popping up everywhere are workshops, conferences, events and functions with us projecting into the future.

Now is the time.  As songwriter and artist Johnny Nash wrote/sang; “I can see clearly now the rain is gone.” Or as my brother likes to say in his stand-up comedy routine; “I can see clearly now the drugs have worn off.” I’m going to throw it out there – Are we really clear on the year ahead?

How are you leading with your eyes wide open? Do you have a plan? Are you clear on what you want to accomplish, experience, and action?

Not to get you to too jacked up and yet here’s the thing …. Forget resolutions and promises that you make to yourself. Rather, start from a place of Action (with a capital ‘A’). Start locking in on your calendar all the milestones, activities, challenges and events that you’re going to be experiencing this year, and then work backwards to plan them out. Start with the end in mind, as they say. Who ‘they’ are, I have no idea?

A year goes by in a flash …” We MUST take ourselves off autopilot and shake the ground that we walk on. We have the year 2020 to demonstrate to ourselves that we DO see clearly, and we DO want to clearly determine our own journey in life.

You decide. You choose what that looks-like for you. Too often we lean back into the comfort zone of our lives, not to disrupt the environment in which we’ve created, and yet there is NO growth when comfortable. Growth happens when we’re willing to step out of our comfort zone and into the unknown. Even though, really, the unknown isn’t all that foreign. It’s our fear that is the beast. Fear paralyzes us. When we overcome our fear, being uncomfortable, is pretty remarkable! Remarkable in a way that has us feeling exhilarated, energized, living life the way it was meant to be lived.

Think about it this way, holding yourself back is holding yourself back from living your truth. A life that is worthy of you and your unique abilities. Would you suggest to anyone else to NOT dream, dare and do? Why do you do say this to yourself then? 

Playing it safe keeps you in a cage that you put yourself in. We ALL have the key in our possession. I’m suggesting that you open the lock and throw away the key. Not to say that you now become reckless and wild. It means that you start to bet on yourself, and what you bring to the earth that you inhabit.

“Your shackles shattered; fly in whatever direction you choose. “ – Amy G

Go fly! Welcome to 2020.

Author(s)

• Amy Goldberg

Founder + CEO @ Push Back [Action, Growth, Engagement Strategist, Writer], International Speaker, Author, Producer [Creative Entrepreneur]

Push Back

Amy Goldberg is a creative entrepreneur + founder + CEO of Push Back; 'creating things to inspire people.' Often you need to push back to push forward. Amy's book BE YOUR TRUTH shows people how to identify, defeat, and deconstruct the inner barriers preventing us from taking decisive action. Her work includes creative producing, action, growth & connection strategy, business building, well-being advocating and writing. She works with several business sectors and thrives where she can share how to rethink and redefine the way business is run, and how one can lead a vibrant and optimistic life.