by Rafaela

Greetings friends!

I hope you had a great weekend.

This week on thrive I am motivated to discuss some lessons I learned in 2019. Sadly, I have had to learn some of them the hard way; that is after making decisions that cost me time, money and energy. Sometimes, life throws us some curveballs, and it’s imperative to arm yourself with the necessary tools to navigate through life like a champ.

Information is Life, in itself.

The year 2019 has taught me to value good information. It has taught me to ask research and seek knowledge before making any decisions. Let me stress the word “Before”. Information should be sought before not after making decisions.

You know how you make a decision that has taken you 360degrees, days and months on end to see results; just to discover that there was a better and more efficient option which you did not know about because you failed to take your time to ask? This happened to me!

I implore you to ask questions about everything from work, finances, relationships, travel options, housing, etc. Google topics, ask friends, ask subject matter experts. Proper information could save you time and Money. I made some mistakes and got some wins by getting informed or the lack thereof.

Understanding the science of food and wellbeing

I never really cared for food or its quality for that matter. But this year, I have come to see food as an important determinant to how qualitative my life could be. Experts say, drinking water benefits the body immensely and eating fruits, vegetables and fiber could keep you away from the hospital. After falling sick for months and in 2019 I decided to eat healthier, and the difference was magic! I slept better and saw improvement physically and mentally.

On keeping a daily schedule and plan

Planning will save you time, money or energy. Take it from me. These days I know from the top of my head what I have to do for a day per time. Keep a planner if you must and don’t let any unforeseen rattle you. Plan social activities, make monetary budgets, plan your activities for your days off, even plan out your daily outfits! Business leaders like bill gates swear by the method of planning for days and months in advance.

I will write some more about other lessons I learned have learned soon enough, but don’t forget –information is key. Eating well will prolong your life and planning could make you wealthy and wise.

Have a great week!

Author(s)

• Jennifer Nagu

Writer, Editor, and Aviation professional.

Jennifer Nagu is a Lagos based Freelance-writer, editor and Aviation professional, specializing in Aviation, wellness and travel related matters. She has published work with notable media platforms across Africa, like Ynaija of the Red media group, Guardian Nigeria Newspaper, Bellanaija,  Ndalo media's Habari Magazine, aviator Africa magazine amongst others. She holds a degree in communications from Covenant univerity and an IATA diploma in Airline Quality diploma from Geneva. She is passionate about mental health related issues, wellness and inclusion.