It is easy to see the mold that grows on fruit and bread, but what is reproduced in your home is not always visible. In case you feel a little bad and with a variety of symptoms that you cannot explain, it is worth finding out if this fungus is the cause of your poor health. It would not be a surprise, as hidden mold is a common problem in many homes. The Boise mold removal experts want to share with you a list of signs that may be toxic mold in your home.

A strange smell in your house

If your house smells of something rancid, like a wet pair of socks or a swimsuit that hasn’t dried properly, there may be mold in it. As the mold grows, it releases microbial and volatile compounds known to emit an unpleasant odor. Look in every room. If you notice something aged, follow the trail with your nose.

Can’t stop coughing

Do you cough all the time, but don’t have a cold or have asthma? The Stachybotrys chartarum is a toxic dark green mold for humans and animals that can cause a chronic cough. If this is the case, it also causes irritation of the throat, wheezing and shortness of breath. This fungus releases mycotoxins that have the ability to damage your body’s cells. When your lungs detect the irritating spores in your system, they force you to cough to get rid of these harmful intruders.

Muscle pain

Being exposed to mycotoxins from black mold can also affect your muscles and joints. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) is a condition that can be caused by this fungus. The symptoms associated with this condition include stiffness, discomfort in the joints, muscle palpitations, throbbing pain, muscle cramps and weakness.

Stains on the walls

Mold has many appearances. It can show up as stains on a wall, discoloration, dark rings and stains. The spots are not always black, they can also be green, orange, brown and white. If your walls show signs of having been damaged by water, you should investigate the matter. If the problem is not solved, the chances of mold growth increase more and more, since the fungus and the water go hand in hand. As much as your walls have only a few small spots, it is worth doing an inspection: the mold may be lurking on the other side of the wall, exactly where it cannot be seen.

Do you have asthma?

If you already have asthma, mold can trigger your symptoms. In case you suffer from this condition and are also allergic to the fungus, you will face a dangerous combination. Your body may respond with an allergic reaction, which can cause your airways to constrict and you may have to rush to the hospital urgently.

You have strange skin rashes

Mold does not only affect the nasal cavities. People with a fungus allergy may find red and itchy areas of skin. Some of the strongest allergic reactions include skin rashes and hives. If something like this happens to you, you should not scratch yourself. In doing so, you risk damaging your skin and increasing the possibility of infection. In the case of skin rashes, the body recognizes a harmful substance and responds with an allergic reaction, producing large amounts of antibodies. An antihistamine can help you control your symptoms, but they will not go away until the cause is eliminated.

Your eyes always seem irritated

If your eyes are red all the time, mold may be the reason. When the spores float around your home, they find a way of direct access to your body through that area. The chemical compounds in the fungus irritate the mucous membranes of the eyes, which inflames them. This must be taken seriously. When they are inflamed, the eyes become red, which causes blurred vision and then sensitivity to light. The keratitis and conjunctivitis are common problems caused by mold.