A few thoughts I have had on the near future of our dynamic industry. Leave me a comment if you agree or disagree with any of the below.
- Robotics will decrease demand on traditional vocations starting with the driving industry and of course administration. Therefore demand for developers and innovative skills will increase and Recruiters will charge much higher fees for these people.
- The resume will die as soon as applicant tracking systems (ATS) become more intelligent — it will be replaced with “Bots” that will be advanced and interactive.
- Virtual Reality (VR) will limit the need to be in the office or go to meetings. In the morning we will put on our visors and our computer systems will talk to us (like Jarvis from Iron Man).
- Remote work and the Gig economy will increase and companies will become more even more focused on flexibility in terms of where we work.
- Automation will decrease the need to do basic admin tasks leaving the recruiter better able to focus on building their community and candidate/client bases. This will also mean administrative Managerial tasks will be streamlined allowing Managers to be more billing focused as well as effectively managing larger teams.
- Due to the fact data is so readily available, the “database” will be replaced with interactive communities e.g. Slack. Personal information and behavioural data being collected by all the major sites will also assist Recruiters in knowing when, where and how to build relationships with the people around them.
- LinkedIn will aim to squeeze out agencies and we will take our business to our own platforms.
- The telephone will continue to be used less and less; messaging systems will increase in usage and as opposed to be the annoying cold callers we will have to mirror the communication tools used by the people we are trying to engage with.
- Digital marketing skills will become as important as the recruiting and sales side and will be reflected in changes in broader education.
- Artificial Intelligence (a machine that thinks on its feet) is still a while off but one that is automated to do certain things based on the commands we give it is just around the corner. For example the Mya’s of this new world.
Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com on October 19, 2016.
Originally published at medium.com