As high school seniors nationwide begin their college application process and younger students start thinking about what’s next after high school, this list of questions, developed by Jean Eddy, President and CEO of American Student Assistance, will help parents facilitate discussions with them about their interests and aptitudes, so they can make more informed choices about life after high school. Sometimes the most effective conversations about college and career begin with self-discovery.
- What brings you happiness?
- What is one of your talents?
- What do you see as your greatest strength and biggest weakness?
- How do you define success?
- What has been your greatest life lesson so far?