There are times when you want to work on a writing project, your creative work, job search strategies, or marketing concepts and your mind feels like mush. Where did the motivation and great ideas go? Maybe out the window or up in the clouds. You can’t be sure, but there are things you can do to get your mind on the work at hand.
How can you get back to doing effective work?
It may sound counterintuitive, but activity and play can help wake up your foggy mind, so you can get back to work.
Take a few minutes to laugh and play. The Benefits of Play for Adults.
Walk outdoors or around the house.
Take a meditative walk outdoors.
Destress and find your focus so you can get back to the work you want to do.
Take a vacation from your work. It can be a few minutes, an hour, or longer to refresh your mind and body.
Relax and take a few deep breaths.
- Rest your arms on your chair or your lap.
- Relax your head and neck.
- Feel the coolness or warmth of the surface your arms and hands are touching.
- Feel you’re your seat pressing against the chair.
- Gently press your feet to the floor.
- Close your eyes and breathe while feeling your whole body.
- Next you can focus on one sound or one spot in the room for about a minute.
Manage stress with healthy activities.
#uncertainty #covid #destress #work