Ever since I was 8 years old I knew what I wanted. Even now, I still want the same thing. It’s what makes me get up from bed in the morning. It’s what makes me go to bed very late. It’s the reason I sleep 5 hours a day. It’s what drives me to be the best I can possibly be. To be better than I was yesterday. And to be better than everybody else.

I once heard that there are two great days in somebodies life. The day they are born – and the day they find their ‘why’. Why are they doing what they do? Why are they pushing themselves every single day? Why do they work harder than everybody around them?

My why is simple. I do what I do because I want to ensure that my parents never have to work a single day ever again. I do what I do because I want to ensure that my family get to go on holidays whenever they want. I do what I do because I don’t want anybody else in my family busting their asses to make our lives great. 

Growing up we didn’t have much. I knew that had to change. So I began selling chewing gum in school. Something that would’ve got me kicked out had I been caught. I knew £0.50p per packet wasn’t much but I did it anyway. Because that was my job. I had a vision. I had a why. The vision I had then is the very same vision I have today. Nothing has changed.  

There’s a quote by Christopher McDougal- 

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the                  fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows            that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t                        matter whether you’re the lion or the gazelle – when the sun comes up, you’d                better be running.

I remember writing this on my wall in my bedroom so that every morning, that was the first thing I would see. That was the thing that reminded me why I do what I do. That reminded me of what my purpose (for now) is. 

The main point that I want to get across to you is that you need to find your why. Once you find your why, you find your purpose. You need a vision. Because we’re all here for a reason. We’re all her to change the world in one way or another. Once you find out your why, I can guarantee you that you will have your vision. I can guarantee you if you keep pursuing that vision and turning it into a reality, you will have the power to change the world. You will also have certain times when you feel like giving up – I’ve been there. You got to keep pushing through it. In my book, failure isn’t when you hit a roadblock, stumble and fall. No! Failure is when life hits you with everything it has and you refuse to get back up. 

Remember, the saying you only live once is false. You live EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. You only die once. Figure out what your here for and change the world. One day at a time.