I love books! My built-ins are filled to the brim, my bedside table always features a scrumptious stack, and the suitcase isn’t packed until it holds at least one physical book. Personal growth and vibrant health are my preferred things to dive into, sprinkled with pralines of poetry. It’s all about transformation.

In order to make the most out of the oscillating hours between now and the new year I feel compelled to share some of my favorite books of 2016 with you. May you be guided to the one(s) you need most. Happy growing!

Making Life Easy: I’ve been a fan of Dr. Christiane Northrup’s pioneer work for years. Her new book, Making Life Easy: A Simple Guide to a Divinely Inspired Life, is your road map to bright peace and true freedom. Get yourself a copy asap. You’ll never look at life the same.

Flowerevolution: Love is palpable is Katie Hess’ presence. Flowerevolution: Blooming into Your Full Potential with the Magic of Flowers illuminates how the deep, subtle power of flower elixirs can triggers transformations inside and out. Learn about 48 flowers, their properties, and how they can assist you in your personal and our global evolution. Louie Schwartzberg’s magnificent photography makes the illusive visible. Enjoy and know that every moment we have the opportunity to step into our true self.

The Way Under The Way: A national treasure, Mark Nepo puts into words what hovers between the worlds so we can nourish our souls with the nectar of eternity. Here and now. His poetry moves me. The Way Under The Way: The Place of True Meaning is a three-part collection of 217 poems on living, listening, sharing.

Image courtesy of Unsplash

Life-Changing Foods: It’s not the focus of the book but Medical Medium Anthony William’s work has helped me release fruit fear. I used to stay away from most fruit, only having berries once in a while. Yes, there’s fruit sugar in fruit but it’s rolled into a universe of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that let me thrive. Life-Changing Foods: Save Yourself and the Ones You Love with the Hidden Healing Powers of Fruits & Vegetables peels back the layers of labels so we can remember the power of potatoes (ideally from your own garden), the gift of wild blueberries, and magic of cinnamon, among many others. Sounds simple. And it is simply. And so deep.

Thank & Grow Rich: Riffing off of Napoleon Hill’s classic Think & Grow Rich, Pam Grout’s Thank & Grow Rich: A 30-Day Experiment in Shameless Gratitude and Unabashed Joy wipes clean the lens through which we see life. Obviously a lover of gratitude, I’ve taken great joy and comfort in her conversations about getting on the frequency of joy and gratitude to let things flow. Pam’s lovingly irreverent voice lights up the universe and I’m happy to join the party. Let’s dance!

May you thrive more than ever in 2017!

xo

Miriam

Originally published at medium.com