For starters, they focus on 10-15 minute increments, not hours. Look at your calendar right now. Do you utilize 30 minute time blocks or 60 minute time blocks? Average performers in any niche or industry typically default to hours and ½ hour time blocks in their calendar. Ultra successful performers know there are 10,080 minutes in a week and that they go by so super fast and are so super valuable. After all, what’s more valuable than time?

I know first hand that money can be lost and made again, but time spent is literally gone for good. As legendary Olympic Gymnast Shannon Miller said in an interview, To this day, I keep a schedule that is almost minute by minute.

You must master your minutes in order to be a top performer and master your life.

The also focus on one thing. I love Gary Keller’s book The One Thing which I read while on the beach in the Cayman Islands. It’s so so simple, but super effective and practical. Ultra successful people knowtheir most important Thing (MIT) and work on it for one or two hours typically in the morning when they are most rested and productive without interruptions. The CEO of Ziglar Inc., Tom Ziglar, shared – Invest the first part of y our day working on your number one priority that will help you build your business.

So a simple but effective gutt check for you:

What accomplishment will get you promoted at work?

What accomplishment will bring you the most profitability?

What accomplishment will bring you closer to your goals?

Lastly, with the time blocks and the one thing in mind, the ultra successful DON’T use a to-do list.

Wait a minute Chris, you’re thinking, daily planners, success coaches and many others advocate a to-do list and even how to prioritize the to-do list.

Throw away your to-do list; instead simply schedule everything on your calendar. The statistic of percentage of things completed on to-do lists is ridiculous -it’s like 40% of items actually get completed. Then what happens is we stress out and worry about the other 60%. The ultra successful put everything in their calendar and then work and live from the calendar. My suggestion is to use a calendar and use 10-15 minute increments/time blocks.

You may think it sounds like a pain, but “…this will set you up to be in the 95th percentile…”, advises Jordan Harbinger of The Jordan Harbinger Show.

Chris Prefontaine is the Author of two Best Selling books Real Estate On Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash Or Credit and The New Rules of Real Estate Investing: 24 Leading Experts Reveal Their Real Estate Secrets and is the founder and CEO of Smart Real Estate Coach and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.