Surround yourself with people who will help you grow. This means you may have to go out of your comfort zone and seek new people to be around to blossom into your true potential. I have found that forcing myself to make new friends every once in a while allowed me to notice the differences in how I was treated. I enjoy spending quality time with friends who I can rely on who are honest and supportive because they are genuinely happy in their own lives.
Starting something new is scary. Learning to believe in yourself can be a critical precursor to starting a new initiative. Why is it so important to learn to believe in yourself? How can someone work on gaining these skills? In this interview series, we are talking to business leaders, authors, writers, coaches, medical professionals, teachers, to share empowering insights about “How To Learn To Believe In Yourself.” As a part of this series we had the pleasure of interviewing Tammeron.
Tammeron is the Founder of Inner Lights Academy: New Age School of High Magic & Spiritual Alchemy and has over 14 years of business experience and is changing the narrative about mental health issues so that no one feels ashamed or guilty when facing difficult life challenges or experiences.
She is an award-winning businesswoman, author, spiritual alchemist and certified astrologer who loves empowering women who have experienced trauma in toxic relationships with narcissists, psychopaths, and sociopaths to regain their self-worth and reclaim their lives in just 12 weeks by using a transformative 5-step spiritual recovery process that combines emotional healing and purposeful living — even when they feel overwhelmed and powerless.
It’s incredible, she has produced over 300 podcasts in her career and is never short of ideas or content to keep educating her peers about the controversial topics of astrology, numerology, holistic remedies for emotional well-being and mental health issues. She is here to reduce the stigma and become a champion of mental health awareness.
Thank you so much for joining us in this interview series! Before we dive into the main focus of our interview, our readers would love to “get to know you” a bit better. Can you tell us a bit about your childhood backstory? What or who inspired you to pursue your career? We’d love to hear the story.
From my tender years, as a young girl yearning to impart wisdom and knowledge has been the driving force behind my aspiration to become a teacher. My earliest memories are peppered with hungrily soaking up facts and stories about math and science. However, a defining moment crystallized my career path during high school. As I sat in my biology class one fateful day, engrossed in the magic of life sciences, a thought struck me like a lightning bolt — how amazing it would be if I could continue coming to school and actually get paid for expanding my knowledge and passing it down to others. That revelation, coupled with my intrinsic love for learning, solidified my resolve to tread the path of academia and shape young minds as a teacher. I am always studying something new and exciting.
It has been said that our mistakes can be our greatest teachers. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
When I embarked on my health and wellness business, I took a leap into the realm of live radio to promote it. The day of my evening shows arrived, and I had meticulously prepared notes using a template. I imagined myself articulating every point with finesse. However, in a classic twist of fate, I forgot my notes! As I faced the microphone, panic pulsating through me, the producer generously offered to run a recording from a past show. In a moment of audacious spontaneity, I declined and resolved to just wing it. What ensued was a delightful cascade of words and wisdom flowing effortlessly. As I navigated through various health and wellness topics, I realized that my passion and expertise could fill hours of airtime. It was both hilarious and liberating. This seemingly funny mistake taught me an invaluable lesson — that I possess a reservoir of knowledge which I can tap into at will, and that sometimes, spontaneity breeds authenticity and connection. Which is what many listeners are craving to hear from various podcasters.
What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now? How do you think that might help people?
As an author, spiritual alchemist, and certified astrologer, one of the most fascinating and fulfilling projects I am currently immersed in involves employing astrological birth charts as a tool to aid women who have been through the harrowing waters of trauma in toxic relationships. Through the mystical lens of astrology, I unveil insights and knowledge embedded in their birth charts, which often serve as guiding lights on their journey towards healing and self-discovery. This knowledge, intertwined with emotional healing strategies, helps them understand the deeper aspects of their personalities and life purpose. By doing so, I empower these women to rebuild their self-worth and carve out a life that resonates with their soul’s calling, even when the shadow of their past experiences casts a heavy burden. This synergistic blend of ancient wisdom and modern healing practices offers a transformative pathway for women to reclaim their lives with renewed courage and unwavering determination.
OK, thank you for all of that. Let’s now shift to the core focus of our interview. This will be intuitive to you but it will be helpful to spell this out directly. Can you help explain a few reasons why it is so important to believe in yourself? Can you share a story or give some examples?
Believing in oneself is akin to having a compass in the journey of life. This belief is vital for numerous reasons, such as fostering resilience, unlocking potential, and being able to share unique gifts with the world. For example, through my personal obsession of over 20 years of relentless exploration in self-development and various healing practices, I found my true calling in astrology and writing. As I delved into my own astrological birth chart, the traumas and heartaches from my past relationships began to unravel as profoundly intertwined with the spiritual lessons my soul sought to master. This epiphany was not just healing, but a monumental step in regaining my self-worth and confidence. The birth chart acted as a mirror, reflecting and validating my core personality traits and relationship tendencies, which was incredibly empowering. Had I not found astrology, I would not have persevered through my studies and arrived at this life-altering wisdom that I am a genuine teacher and healer. This newfound knowledge is now a treasure that I feel compelled to pass down to as many individuals as possible, helping them navigate their journeys with the stars as their guides. My personal astrological information was extremely validating and helped me to regain my confidence which enabled me to not just find healing and purpose but also to serve as a beacon of hope and wisdom for others. I just love to share my stories and encourage others to write and journal more often.
What exactly does it mean to believe in yourself? Can I believe that I can be a great artist even though I’m not very talented? Can I believe I can be a gold medal Olympic even if I’m not athletic? Can you please explain what you mean?
Believing in yourself means having faith in your abilities and the unique path your life can take. It’s about embracing who you are, and acknowledging both your strengths and weaknesses. It’s not necessarily about believing you can be something that goes against your innate capabilities, such as an Olympic gold medalist without athletic prowess. Instead, it’s about recognizing and nurturing what is inherently within you. Astrology offers a profound way to do this. Through your astrological birth chart, you can gain insights into your intrinsic strengths, weaknesses, talents, and life lessons. For instance, while you may not have been born with the talent for art or athletic prowess, your birth chart might reveal an affinity for communication, empathy, or analytical skills. By understanding these traits, you can confidently carve out a path that is aligned with your true self. When you believe in yourself in this manner, you’re acknowledging and embracing the unique tapestry of qualities and potentials that are woven into your soul’s journey, which is as unique as the stars in the sky. This self-belief helps you navigate your path with authenticity and purpose.
Was there a time when you did not believe in yourself? How did this impact your choices?
There was a period in my life when my self-belief was eroded to a mere whisper due to a toxic and abusive relationship I was ensnared in. The relentless gaslighting within this relationship gnawed at my self-esteem, causing it to wither. This took a toll on the choices I made during that time, as I was seeing the world through a lens tainted by self-doubt and pain. Eventually, summoning every ounce of strength, I embarked on a healing journey that spanned many years. I turned to holistic and natural remedies to help me regain balance and rediscover my sense of self-worth. Slowly but surely, like a flower blooming after a harsh winter, I began to blossom. This transformation led to a complete overhaul of my lifestyle, one that I now ardently embrace with pride and joy. Today, my life is a tapestry of health, balance, and happiness, and looking back, I am ever so grateful for every step of that arduous but redemptive journey. The experience imprinted upon me the immeasurable value of self-love and the incredible resilience that lies within each one of us.
At what point did you realize that in order to get to the next level, it would be necessary to build up your belief in yourself? Can you share the story with us?
The pivotal moment when I realized the indispensable necessity of building up belief in myself came when I decided to break free from the chains of a toxic relationship and shatter the cycle of abuse. The decision was a solemn vow to myself, not just as an individual but as a representative of women who have endured similar tribulations. I pledged not to enter another long-term relationship until I had truly found my ground and was ready in every sense, including having my own financial stability. This period became an introspective odyssey, where I transformed my painful past into a crucible for spiritual growth. I delved into the depths of my experiences, and through reflection, I began to see them as lessons that shaped and strengthened my spirit. I found forgiveness, not only for those who had wronged me but, more importantly, for myself. This metamorphosis was not merely about mending what was broken; it was about rediscovering and embracing my intrinsic worth. This fortified belief in myself was the bridge that guided me from the shadows into a life imbued with purpose, self-respect, and empowerment.
What are your top 5 strategies that will help someone learn to believe in themselves? Please share a story or example for each.
1. Surround yourself with people who will help you grow. This means you may have to go out of your comfort zone and seek new people to be around to blossom into your true potential. I have found that forcing myself to make new friends every once in a while allowed me to notice the differences in how I was treated. I enjoy spending quality time with friends who I can rely on who are honest and supportive because they are genuinely happy in their own lives.
2. Create a personal plan just for you which includes scheduling a time out for you to be alone every single day for at least 22 minutes or more. You need to create a healthy relationship with yourself to feel comfortable in your skin. I make sure that I balance out my time by spending time with family, friends and co-workers. However spending time by myself, allows me to do whatever I want to do. Especially to also use that quiet time to journal and write my stories.
3. Remind yourself that nobody is perfect and that everyone is unique, which includes a balance of strengths and weaknesses. Study yourself using self-development tools such as astrology to help you uncover your unique attributes. It is easier than trying to pretend to be something that you are not. When I became a certified astrologer I was able to let go of many judgements towards myself and to accept all parts of me! It was a very healing process.
4. Be willing to listen to the stories of others so that you can learn to have compassion for others and the same energy will come back to you based on the law of karma. What you put out is what you will receive in return magnified by the energy of 10. In order to embrace yourself, you must embrace others.
5. Spend more time doing exactly what you love to do without any guilt or shame. Over time this will strengthen your confidence, your sense of self-worth and belonging. Your vibe will remain strong and it will be harder for others to weaken your energy. You will attract more positive and happier experiences into your life. I struggled with so much guilt each time I spent time away from my children even though they are adults, so I use natural remedies such as high grade essential oils and flower essences to help me transform my negative feelings into a strong self of acceptance. When I am happy, my children are happy for me. It is the win-win.
Conversely, how can one stop the negative stream of self-criticism that often accompanies us as we try to grow?
Set Realistic Expectations: Sometimes self-criticism stems from setting unrealistically high expectations. It’s essential to set achievable goals and recognize that nobody can be perfect in everything.
Positive Self-talk and Affirmations: Cultivate a habit of countering negative thoughts with positive affirmations. For instance, if you catch yourself thinking, “I am worthless,” immediately counter with “I have value and contribute positively in various ways.”
Practice Compassion: Extend the same compassion to yourself that you would to a dear friend. Understand that it’s human to err and have shortcomings. Speak to yourself with kindness and forgive yourself for mistakes.
Are there any misconceptions about self-confidence and believing in oneself that you would like to dispel?
- Self-Confidence Means Being Good at Everything: Some people believe that being self-confident means excelling in everything. However, true self-confidence involves acknowledging one’s strengths and weaknesses. It’s about being secure in your abilities while accepting that there are areas where you might need improvement.
- Self-Confidence is Synonymous with Arrogance: There is a widespread belief that confident individuals are arrogant or conceited. While some individuals might exude arrogance under the guise of confidence, genuine self-confidence is grounded in reality and humility. It is about having a positive but realistic perception of oneself.
- Self-Confidence is Inherent and Can’t Be Developed: Some think that people are either born with self-confidence or not. This is a myth. Like any other skill, self-confidence can be cultivated and nurtured over time through practice, self-reflection, and positive experiences.
- Believing in Oneself Means Never Doubting: A common misconception is that if you believe in yourself, you never experience doubt. This is far from true. Even the most self-assured individuals face moments of doubt and uncertainty. Believing in oneself means having the resilience to work through these doubts and continue moving forward.
- Self-Confidence Equals Constant Success: Some believe that self-confidence guarantees success in all endeavours. However, confident individuals also face failures and setbacks. What sets them apart is their ability to learn from these experiences and not let them diminish their self-worth.
- You Need External Validation to be Confident: The idea that self-confidence comes from accolades, compliments, and approval from others is a fallacy. While external validation can boost confidence, true self-confidence is internal and doesn’t rely on constant affirmation from others.
- Self-Confidence Eliminates Fear: Another misconception is that self-confidence means being fearless. However, fear is a natural human emotion. Self-confidence helps individuals to face and manage their fears, not eliminate them.
- Believing in Oneself is a Static State: Some people think of self-confidence as a static state — once you have it, you’re set. In reality, self-confidence can fluctuate depending on various factors including life events and mental health. It’s important to continuously nurture self-confidence.
Understanding and dispelling these misconceptions is essential in promoting a healthier and more realistic approach to self-confidence and self-belief, allowing individuals to foster these qualities in a balanced and authentic way.
What advice would you give to someone who is struggling with imposter syndrome?
Imposter syndrome can be a significant hindrance to personal and professional growth. If someone is struggling with imposter syndrome, here are some steps they can take to address and manage these feelings:
- Acknowledge the Feelings: The first step is to acknowledge that what you’re experiencing is imposter syndrome. Understand that it’s a common phenomenon and affects a vast number of individuals, even highly successful ones.
- Separate Feelings from Facts: Recognize that just because you may feel like an imposter, it doesn’t mean you are one. Separate your emotions from the facts. Reflect on your achievements and qualifications objectively.
- Talk to Someone: Sometimes talking about your fears and anxieties can help in alleviating them. Share how you feel with a friend, family member, or mentor who might have experienced similar feelings. You could also consider talking to a psychologist or a certified astrologer.
- Focus on Value and Effort: Instead of solely focusing on achievements or outcomes, concentrate on the value and effort you bring. Remind yourself of the hard work you’ve put in and the unique attributes that you contribute.
- Reframe Failure: Understand that everyone, regardless of how competent, makes mistakes and experiences failure. See these as opportunities for growth and learning rather than as proof of your inadequacy.
- Document Your Achievements: Keep a record of your accomplishments and positive feedback. When you’re feeling like an imposter, revisit these documents to remind yourself of your capabilities and contributions.
- Practice Self-Compassion: Be kind to yourself. Treat yourself with the same compassion and encouragement that you would offer to a friend in a similar situation.
- Set Realistic Standards: Often imposter syndrome stems from perfectionism. Make sure that the standards and expectations you set for yourself are realistic and attainable.
- Develop a Growth Mindset: Embrace a growth mindset — the belief that abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. This can foster a love for learning and resilience, which are essential for overcoming imposter syndrome.
- Seek Professional Help if Necessary: If imposter syndrome is severely affecting your quality of life and mental health, don’t hesitate to seek the help of a professional psychologist or certified astrologer.
Remember that overcoming imposter syndrome is not about eliminating self-doubt entirely, but managing it effectively so it doesn’t hinder your progress and well-being.
Ok, we are nearly done. You are a person of great influence. If you could inspire a movement that would bring the most amount of good for the greatest number of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger.
Certainly! If I had the capacity to inspire a movement that could foster substantial well-being and growth for countless individuals, I would initiate a global movement for embracing the power of astrology for personal development — let’s call it the “Astrological Awakening.”
Astrology, often misunderstood as a pseudoscience or mere horoscopes in newspapers, holds a wealth of information about an individual’s personality, motivations, challenges, and potential life paths. It’s a tool that, when used thoughtfully, can assist in self-awareness and personal growth.
Here’s how the “Astrological Awakening” movement would work:
- Educational Outreach: Begin with educational programs and workshops that dispel myths surrounding astrology and highlight its potential for personal growth. Implement astrology as a tool in schools, colleges, and community centers for self-exploration.
- Integration into Counseling and Therapy: Encourage the integration of astrology into counseling and therapy. An astrological birth chart can be a starting point for discussions in therapy sessions, as it can give insights into a person’s innate strengths, challenges, and patterns.
- Corporate and Organizational Adoption: Encourage corporations and organizations to adopt astrology as a tool for team-building and understanding work dynamics. This can enhance work relationships, understand team members’ strengths and weaknesses, and create a more harmonious work environment.
- Community Astrology Centers: Establish community astrology centers where individuals can get free or low-cost consultations. These centers can also serve as hubs for social interaction, discussion groups, and workshops.
- Astrology and Technology: Develop apps and technological tools that use sophisticated algorithms for personalized astrological insights. These tools can provide daily reflections and thought prompts based on one’s astrological chart.
- Global Astrological Day: Establish a Global Astrological Day that focuses on worldwide reflection and understanding through astrology. This can include global meditation sessions, conferences, workshops, and community service, all under the lens of astrological understanding.
- Astrological Literacy for Youth: Target the younger generation by developing engaging content that teaches them the basics of astrology in a way that encourages self-exploration and understanding of others.
By embracing astrology as a tool for introspection and understanding, the “Astrological Awakening” movement could cultivate a global culture of self-awareness, empathy, and personal growth. Individuals can explore their innate potential, learn to work with their strengths and accept their weaknesses, resulting in more harmonious relationships and communities. Through collective understanding, this movement has the potential to unite people across cultures and backgrounds under the shared celestial canopy that guides us all.
We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US, whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might just see this, especially if we both tag them 🙂
If I were given the incredible opportunity to have a private breakfast or lunch with any individual in the world, I would be absolutely thrilled to meet the remarkable Shania Twain. Not only is she one of the most successful female country artists of all time, but her personal journey of triumph over adversity is profoundly inspiring.
Shania’s ability to rebuild her career and personal life after a very public and traumatic breakup showcases her resilience and determination. She had to rediscover and reinvent herself, and in doing so, she had to grapple with self-belief and confidence. The way she overcame those obstacles, especially in the public eye, speaks volumes about her strength and character.
Discussing with Shania how she found the inner fortitude to believe in herself again after such a setback would be invaluable. Her insights into bouncing back, maintaining grace under pressure, and rebuilding a life with newfound purpose and authenticity would be lessons that could benefit many.
Moreover, as an artist, her creative process and how she uses her experiences to fuel her art would be a fascinating topic. Understanding how she channels emotions into her work and how she views the role of art in healing and personal growth could offer great inspiration to others.
Shania Twain, if by any chance you come across this, having a heart-to-heart over breakfast or lunch would not only be an honor but also a beautiful opportunity to share and learn from an incredible journey of self-reclamation and artistic expression.
How can our readers further follow your work online?
You can subscribe to my powerful YouTube Channel called: Inner Lights Academy TV for ongoing education content which is an online global “New Age School of High Magic & Spiritual Alchemy” channel that is changing the narrative about mental health issues so that no one feels ashamed or guilty when facing difficult life challenges or experiences. Learning how to implement secret astrology hacks to enhance your emotional well-being can offer life changing magical experiences for those who are open minded and willing to think differently during the “Age of Aquarius”.
I am on instagram under:
My online FREE Facebook Community is called: Inner Lights Academy:
Thank you for these really excellent insights, and we greatly appreciate the time you spent with this. We wish you continued success.