In the software development process it is important to get the feedback form the end users and to incorporate those changes in the development process, this is the gist of the agile methodology. Thus this approach welcomes the feedback from the client at every stage and makes the changes to the initial stated requirements. This is a flexible and continuous flow.
Thus this involves both developers and the clients to work together on the project. It has 6 stages:
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis:
The requirement is gathered from the client. The project is then prioritized and crafted as the the inputs given by the client.
The teams are created for each task planned in the earlier stage. Funding is discussed and allocated. The requirement is approved form the client’s side however this is kept flexible to evolve as the project begins.
- System Design
The software team then comes into the picture. They form the design and blueprint of the project based on the requirements that are approved by the client. Multiple teams are formed for each iteration of the code development. Each team communicates with each other.
- Coding and Development
In this stage the Testing team, Quality Assurance tester, the development of the final documentation, training, and final release of the iteration goes into production.
The testing team creates test cases, and begin to test the system as the project evolves.
The project is deployed at the client’s site for them to use the system. Any feedback from the client are sent for revision to the development team.
The agile methodology is based on the below values unlike the traditional waterfall model:
- The priority of the agile methodology is Customer satisfaction. The clients inputs are taken at each stage.
- The last minute changes and also the changes suggested at the last stage by the clients are incorporated. This also allows company to gain competitive edge.
- Agile methodology provides intermediate delivery to the client in order to gain their feedback at every stage, this can be weekly or monthly.
- All the teams working on the project meet each other on daily basis to communicate about their respective modules, to ensure everyone is at the same page.
- Face to face communication is the most preferred and effective way of communicate for the internal team.
- The progress is measured based the intermediate deliveries offered to the client.
- Both the clients and the stakeholders should maintain the constant pace throughout the development process.
- Technical excellence and best design are at the core value of the agile methodology. It is given a continuous attention at each stage.
- At every stage, all teams come together to reflect on how to make the project more effective, all the teams then adjust their processes accordingly.
- The team members are cross-functional, adaptable and committed to excellence.
These are the most simple and important facts of an agile methodology. Agile Devops Training Courses and certification can improve the career growth drastically. Agile process requires less initial planning instead the project is evolved at each stage.