My previous article centered on the importance of a website for your business. After doing this, your business might not take the giant leap that you wished for it to take except you open it up for search engines to see, this is what SEO is all about.
93% of online activities begin from search queries, there are 3.5 billion search queries per day and over 40,000 queries per second. “Google it” has become the response to every question and enquiry. Search engines have become the home of most internet users, this shows a lot of potentials for businesses who are looking to get words about their businesses and services to a large audience.
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Put it simple, search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of getting traffic from the “free”, “organic”, “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines. – searchengineland.com
Search engine optimization is a process; it therefore involves a lot of steps to take, different methods that can be used and a lot of dos and don’ts to take note of. In his Thrive article, Anthony Godley of Oozynews.com gave 4 approaches/methods for effective Search engine optimization.
What are the benefits of Search Engine Optimization?
Search engines are the heart of the internet, getting your site to show on search results will be of immense benefits to your business. Below are some of the benefits of SEO.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization.
- A cheap marketing strategy: When fully optimized, you do not have to pay for every reader that comes to your site from search engines via search results; this is unlike Pay-per-click where you pay for every click to your site.
- 100% likely to convert: SEO is one marketing strategy that is sure to pay off both in the short and long run of your business.
- Increased credibility of your brand since readers trust the internet: The trust that internet users have for search engines will be transferred to you when they see your site at the top of search results.
- Increased site usability: SEO involves making your site easier for search engines to navigate, in doing this, you make it also very easy for readers to navigate your sites as well.
- Better stand in the competition: The fact is if you do not do SEO, customers will still get to visit the sites they are looking for because your competitors will be doing it, so SEO will put you at a good fighting spot in the competition.
- Provide businesses with permanent marketing results: Once you optimize your site for the internet, the results and the effects are continuous and long-term with just a little routine investment.
There are a lot of business who are into search engine optimization, you can do SEO for your business in-house, or employ SEO experts to help you optimize your site for search engines.