- What is the title of your book?
The Confident Patient, and its companion video series, The Confident Patient in a New World
- What is your name, title and website?
Wendy Benson, MBA, OTR/L, Partner and COO, 2×2 Health
Beth Myers, RN, Founder and CEO, 2×2 Health
- What inspired you to write your book?
2×2 Health was launched as we saw the need to help patients and families navigate the complicated healthcare system. The creation of the company was born out of a desire to help patients actively partner with their medical team to navigate the system as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our book, The Confident Patient, is the ultimate roadmap to guiding patients and their loved ones on who to connect with, what to ask, and how to move forward on their healthcare journey.
- What do you want others to get out of your book?
“The Confident Patient” coaches patients and their families through the complex healthcare system by providing real life stories, sample questions and advice from medical professionals. When people read our book, we want them to be empowered to ask the right questions, and to create the most effective support network for themselves and their families. We want readers to know that they have control over their healthcare journey, by incorporating the resources, tools and insights included in our book.
- How can we all move forward on purpose and with great purpose? The work we do – with clients and while working with medical experts and healthcare professionals – has a greater purpose. Empowering patients, caring for patients and their families – fulfilling when you get that email from a patient who says ‘I could not have gone through this without you’ or ‘by assisting my husband recovery from his surgery, you also saved my marriage!’We are often reminded why we do what we do, and so moving forward with purpose often includes the inspiration we gain from our clients.
- What is something each of us can do to SHINE?
Research tells us that practicing gratitude increases our physical and mental health. Recognizing and expressing gratitude are concrete ways to improve our own health and wellness immediately. Think about some things that you are grateful for in your life right now. Expressing gratitude enhances our lives, both in our own health and in strengthening our relationships with those who are important to us. When you, and those in your support system, recognize and show gratitude towards each other, it makes a positive difference in each person’s outlook, and in their lives.
- What does Thriving mean to you?
Thriving mean excelling. In one of our video interviews, we spoke with a clinical psychologist early in the pandemic. We were talking about maintaining good mental health, just as we were all entering into lockdown. What we learned from her is that each person has their own perspective of what it means to thrive. And what one person deems a success, may be very different for others. To us, it is important that we recognize what is meaningful for each of us. For many, this can be strengthening connections, making a significant difference, and taking care of yourself while supporting others.
- Are you planning another book or other launches?
We are approaching our video series, The Confident Patient in a New World, as the companion piece to our book. What we love about the videos are that we get to speak with the most interesting experts in our field, who are sharing their valuable insights in real time. We talk about current challenges, as they develop over time, and ways that they’re finding patients successfully work through those challenges.
- Where can we get your book?
You can go to our website, 2x2Health.com, to order our book and to learn more about our video series.
- How can we follow or get in touch with you?
We are on Facebook and Instagram at 2x2Health. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay updated on the latest episodes of The Confident Patient in a New World.
- What is one thing you would tell others if they want to bring their message forward?
There is no one just like you, celebrate it! Each of us has an important message to share with the world and you never know who you will be helping by bringing your perspective forward. Ask questions, be curious, have a genuine interest, and invest in your relationships going forward.
- Anything else you would like to add?
We are thrilled to be here talking with you today and want to thank you for your time. We love connecting with your community and feel honored to be a part of it. We love the quote from Hellen Keller, “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” We want your readers to believe in themselves and have hope. And from all of us at 2×2 Health, we wish you great confidence and health!