American supermarkets are saturated with choices. If you are anything like me, you read food labels to understand the quality of ingredients because you know that what you eat makes a difference in how you feel and how you perform. I am a big proponent of eating clean, whole foods and cooking as often as I can. But it is hard in our modern day society to escape the luxury and convenience of prepackaged snacks. Instead of feeling guilty about what you fuel your body with; I present to you my favorite Top 5 new, healthy snacks on the market. I taste tested my way through Expo West Natural Products Show 2017 and discovered five different snacks that are delicious, nutritious, satisfying and unique. In no particular order, I present my Top 5 snacks that I can enjoy mindfully! (*Disclaimer, I did not receive any compensation from these brands).

1. Grandy Oats Grain-Free Coconola Coconut Granola

Grandy Oats grain-free granola is my new favorite granola on the market. Personally, I like my granola to be full of taste, texture and clean ingredients. That is exactly what Grandy Oats new grain-free Coconola Coconut Granola delivers. Instead of taking the classic oat-based granola approach, Grandy Oats switches up a breakfast classic and uses unsweetened coconut as the base, making the granola full of delicious clusters with the perfect texture and taste. When granola is full of clusters, it is not only a great addition to acai bowls and yogurt parfaits but also a great snack to pack whenever hunger attacks! Also a great homemade trail mix addition. The kicker: this granola is light on the sugar, so I can feel good about fueling myself and loved ones.

2. Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed bars

I have always been a big fan of Health Warrior and their Chia Seed bars, and now they launched a sister bar that has a lot more spice and a full flavor profile. Meet their new super-food bar: Pumpkin Seed. My favorite flavor is the Honey Cracked Pepper with Turmeric. This bar is the perfect mixture of sweet and spicy that makes it a great savory snack that people with a sweet-tooth will enjoy. Made will only super clean ingredients, you can feel good about grabbing this bar and taking it on the go for an afternoon pick me up or post-workout snack.

3. VerDay Cucumber Chlorophyll water

I’m usually not a big fan of flavored water nor was I obsessed with the coconut water craze, but Verday Chlorophyll water is something different. The cucumber essence was my favorite flavor, which was crisp, refreshing and hydrating like no other flavored water I have tried before. Each bottle of Verday has the same chlorophyll as 2 shots of wheat grass, 4 cups of spinach, and 12 cups of arugula. You know you’re getting your greens in. What are the benefits of chlorophyll? Chlorophyll is anti-inflammatory, boosts the immune system, promotes healthy skin, and is full of antioxidants. This drink has no added sugar, and it is infused only with organic lemon juice and natural cucumber flavoring. This makes this drink the perfect pre or post workout addition in order to keep you feeling hydrated, satisfied and alert.

4. Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter + Banana Chips

Justin’s! Who doesn’t know and already love at least one of Justin’s products? Whither it is the grab-and-go pouch of almond butter or their delicious peanut butter cups, they never disappoint with their natural, nut-based products. Justin’s has done it again with their new fun snack pack on the market. It is a healthy spin on the old-school Dunkaroos. My favorite variety was the banana chips paired with a tablespoon of peanut butter to create the perfect portable snack. In every scoop you get a dose of protein with a satisfying crunchy banana chip that leaves your taste buds, belly and hands snack-happy. It is also a great way to practice portion control because once the pack is complete, you will be too.

5. Vegan Rob’s Brussel Sprout Puffs

Pirate’s Booty and Cheese puffs have nothing on the new modern and cleaner, gluten-free and vegan snack: Vegan Rob’s Puffs. My favorite flavors are the Brussel Sprout Puffs made with ingredients you can actually pronounce and that leave you stomachache free. These puffs are made from whole grain sorghum flour, rice bran and infused with Brussel sprout powder and nutritional yeast to satisfy the perfect pho-cheese craving. Vegan Rob’s are a great snack choice for adults and children alike. There is the perfect amount of crunch that satisfies while supporting mindful munching.

Try these new products out for yourself and let me know what you think! I know I am inspired by these top picks because they use minimal additives and ingredients without loosing out on taste. Eating healthy packaged foods doesn’t have to taste like cardboard. It can be nutritious, delicious and playful! Now when I forget to pack a snack from home, I can be excited to have fun and healthier options in the supermarket. It is also enjoyable to add some variety into my typical rotation of a mixed nut jar or apple with peanut butter snack options. Making mindful food choices helps me prioritize my wellbeing while I am on the go so that I stay fueled and focused and have energy for the things I care about.

Originally published at medium.com

Author(s)

• Wade Brill

Mindfulness Coach. Podcaster. Speaker

Wade Brill Coaching LLC

Wade Brill is a Mindfulness Coach, Podcaster and Speaker who helps busy professionals experiencing stress and overwhelm be more present, productive and energized. At the age of 21, Wade survived Hodgkin’s Lymphoma while simultaneously losing her mother to Leukemia. This major life interruption inspired Wade to realize how precious life is and that practicing radical self-care is smart, not selfish. Wade devotes her life’s work to helping others connect to their own inspiration.  Wade is a Professional Certified Coach, Energy Leadership Index™ Practitioner, and Meditation Facilitator through UCLA’s Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Human Behavior. She hosts the popular Centered in the City podcast, offering modern meditations for busy professionals, and is a recognized speaker at conferences, companies, and retreats. Wade helps busy professionals create calm and clarity amid chaos and realize the importance of their one mind, one body, and one life.