Want 2020 to be your best year in business yet? 

I know I do! 

That is why I am focusing on three big shifts in the market that you’ll want to consider if you want to stand out online.  

And if you want to take your business to the next level, I’d suggest checking them out!

How does that sound?

Well without further ado, let’s dive in.

As we gear up for a new year, and decade it’s hard not to focus on old ways of promoting our products and services. 

We stick with what we know, right?

The downfall is… the online space is full of eager entrepreneurs ready to sell something, and that trend isn’t going away. 

In fact, you’ll start seeing more people entering the online space in 2020. And more people finally ditching their dreaded 9-5 job to pursue the freedom of being their own boss.

Which means…the days are gone where you can put your offer out into the world hoping it sells. 

We call that WISH marketing, and it’s freaking dead!!

It also means your audience is WAY more sophisticated when it comes to buying things, and they have a lot more options to choose from. 

Meaning the old PUSH marketing tactics don’t work my friend. 

Ya know.. using big flashy ads and bold claims to put your product or service in the minds of customers.

But don’t fret! 

I want to share three things that will work magically in 2020 to help you attract more paying clients, and stand out in a sea of similar fish.

1. Create Community and Connection Around Your Brand

We all crave a sense of connection and belonging. It’s what fuels us as human beings. And a BIG trend on the forefront is creating exceptional experiences for our customers so that they feel like they matter and belong.

I’ve heard a lot of this lately from friends of mine who’ve invested loads of money in programs or courses only to feel like a number. 

YIKES!!!

Experiences where the communities keep growing, but the connection and personalization keep shrinking as a result. 

Ya know…

The 10 minutes once a month you might get your question answered on a hot seat call, or no real access to the coach you’ve invested in.

Can you relate? 

If not, I am sure we’ve all experienced this at some point in time where we’ve walked into a retail store but weren’t acknowledged. Not even a hello. 

If you’ve experienced this I want you to remember how that made you feel.

Probably not very good, right?

Like..maybe this business doesn’t care if I stay or if I go. Perhaps you felt invisible.

Well lemme tell you this…our audience isn’t settling for this anymore either. 

They are searching for that connection and community. They want personalized treatment, and high-touch point interactions. 

They also don’t want to feel like they have to be the A+ student to gain the coach’s attention.

You know what that reminds me of…the Bachelorette where 20 guys are vying for the attention of one girl.

#sorrynotsorry

But…I never want my audience to feel like they have to vy for my attention to receive attention. 

That is just GROSS.

So the more you can give your audience an experience where they feel SEEN and HEARD the more success you’ll have in your business. And the more you’ll create a group of raving and loyal fans. 

Who in return, will promote and sell your products and services for you. Client testimonials, referrals, and word of mouth marketing is where it’s at my friend. 

But this is only achieved when you have raving fans! 

2. Reduce Overwhelm and Burnout

Burnout is on the rise. And our audience is feeling it big time. 

• The 30+ FB notifications.
  • Multiple DMs daily. 
  • Freebies coming out of their ying yang. 
  • And content flying left, right and center. 

They don’t even know which way to look anymore. And they are sinking in a sea of overwhelm. 

But my guess is…you are too as an entrepreneur, right? 

That is why this point is two-fold. Firstly, if you can reduce the amount of overwhelm you are feeling, you’ll create the space to BE more creative and inspired in your actions. 

Operating in a state of overwhelm actually breeds resistance, and resistance stifles our creative flow. 

As an entrepreneur you and I both know how important it is to maintain that creative flow. 

So, my recommendation is finding ways you can SLOW DOWN in your life and business.

Trust me, I am speaking from experience. After years of operating on full-tilt I hit massive burnout and nearly lost everything in my business. 

And it wasn’t until I slowed down that I realized living in overwhelm wasn’t serving me or my business. In fact it was preventing me from fully thriving.

Sound familiar? 

Well if you want to go from struggling to thriving in your business..it’s time to reduce the overwhelm. 

Secondly, your audience is feeling the overwhelm too. So the more you can SIMPLIFY things for them the more they’ll love you. 

Here are a few quick questions to ask yourself:

1. Can you make your content more accessible? For example, offering different ways of digesting it such as audio, written, or video. 
  2. Can you offer less, but more value?
  3. Can you help your audience slow down?

If you walk away with anything today, it’s this: Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.

3. Step Up Your Marketing Game

With more market sophistication, it’s vital that you step up your marketing game. Those that invest in learning how to better communicate, how to put themselves in front of the right people at the right time, and those that devote their energy and time to understanding their audience will crush it in 2020 and beyond. 

So if you are going to invest in anything this year, I’d suggest investing in opportunities that help you hone your marketing skills. The more you can master these skills the better off you’ll be in attracting more paying clients. 

It’s that simple! 

I hope this information has been helpful as you set out to achieve your 2020 goals. But also given you some perspective on how to cut through the noise so that you can stand out online.