The pandemic outbreak has changed the course of everyone’s life! It has made people more tensed and anxious than ever. The fact that no one can tell with certainty when the effect of the virus will become obsolete is what is creating massive tension and uncertainty all over the globe. Also, the gigantic deaths worldwide due to the COVID-19 virus have made people morose. Excess sadness can often give rise to borderline depression and result in mental health issues. One of the best ways to address and resolve it is by getting into the practice of journaling.
William D King shares valuable insights about journaling
When you were a kid, you often used to write a diary. In fact, for many, it was a daily practice. For most people, the habit typically gets discontinued after they step into their adult life. Journaling can be helpful during such challenging times. It is one of the best ways to deal with overwhelming emotions as it allows you to express yourself. It is an effective tool for managing your mental health. The practice of journaling can help you to:
- Prioritize your concerns, fears, and problems that have cropped up during the pandemic phase.
- Cope up with depression.
- Manage your anxiety and endless negative thoughts.
- Reduce your stress.
- Keep track of any symptoms that might be alarming for your mental health.
- Identify your mental triggers as well as learn ways to manage them better.
When you are stressed about something and have a problem, writing in your journal can help you to recognize what causes the anxiety and stress. And when you realize your stressors, you can create a solution or have a plan to manage your issues and thereby bring down your stress levels. You need to realize that journaling is just one part of healthy life to manage stress better. If you want to leverage the advantages, make sure that you also:
- Consume a balanced and healthy diet.
- Meditate and relax every day.
- Practice any form of exercise daily.
- Try and get a sound sleep at night.
- Refrain from drugs and alcohol.
Journaling is easy
Are you wondering how to get into the practice of journaling? If yes, you simply need to follow the steps below:
- First things first, get yourself a journal where you will pen down all your thoughts.
- Focus on the issue that is bothering you. For instance, if you are tensed, you need to give yourself a moment to think about your tension. If you want, you can spend some time in silence to get to know your thoughts better.
- Retire to a quiet place and start writing your journal. Don’t judge yourself as you write the journal. Let your thoughts flow and keep on writing until you feel the need to stop writing.
- Repeat the process whenever you want to.
William D King says that through consistent journaling, you will notice that you can understand the reason behind the stress during this pandemic phase. Also, gradually you will solve the same as well.