It is hard to find people who can resist the thrill of travelling. And why not, because travelling is a great way to improve our mental and physical well-being.
And the most interesting part is that the benefits of travelling have been scientifically proved too.
Let us see what they are –
- It helps to boost your immunity. Whenever you visit a new place, you are allowing your body to become familiar with the new atmosphere. Becoming familiar with new antigens, or foreign particles create new antibodies that serve up the ability of your body to resist to disease-causing foreign bodies. And scientific research has shown that immunity of a person does not totally depend on genetics or inheritance. Rather it is much dependent on exposure to a new environment.
- Reduces stress up to a great extent. Travelling means breaking away from your normal life routine. This will keep you away from the pressure that you have to endure in your workplace or anywhere else. Increase in stress hormones leads to increase in blood sugar level and other undesirable health effects. You will often hear doctors prescribing patients to go for a change of weather to get rid of stress, tension, and their effects.
- It makes your mind more creative. Creativity is very closely linked to the neural connections in your brain. Whenever you visit a new place, the brain interacts with new things, such as new sounds, new tastes, new habits, and sights. This improvises your brain for a new neural connection. And thus boosts up your creativity.
- Significantly reduces possible risks of heart diseases. Heart disease is caused mainly by lack of a proper diet, exercise, harmful toxins, injurious habits and dysfunctions such as blocked blood vessels. Stress is also another factor behind heart attacks. Travelling leads to becoming involved in a set of physical exercises that might not match your usual daily regime. As for this, the heart health stays strong. Now, of course, you wouldn’t be able to travel every now and then but could plan out a trip at least once or twice in a year.
- Mental well-being. Mental well-being refers to the process of developing happiness in your mind. The beauty of nature and experiencing new things will definitely uplift your mindset. You will come to learn about new subjects, history and will be able to interact with new people. All these things will remove your monotony.
- Helps people who suffer from obesity. Obesity is a major problem in our life nowadays. The people are accustomed to the habit of spending time in their office cubicle and very often eating fast foods. This, in turn, leads to the accumulation of fat in the body and thus causes obesity. Obesity is the root cause of many health problems. You may increase your travelling habits to fight obesity in such a case. Suppose if you visit a mountain area and go for rock climbing, you will be able to shed much of the calorie.
- Travelling builds strong bonding. Whether you go on a vacation with your loved ones or friends, you will be able to experience new things together. Leisure activities with these people strengthen the bonds between you and them. Moreover, you will be able to spend more time with these people that you normally could not because of your work.
- It leads to an improvement in respiration. In the cities or towns where you are living, you may not feel uncomfortable while breathing but actually you are taking in loads of pollutants. Due to the increase in vehicles and other man-made such structures, pollution is ruining the atmosphere of many places. But while you will be going on a vacation, you will be able to breathe in the fresh air. For example, if you have visited a forest or any such place, you will be able to breathe the fresh air.
- Travelling is a great way to solve your digestive problems. Travelling limits stressors and relaxes your mind which in turn will increase the absorption of nutrients and immune system in the body. It also helps you to get rid of chronic gut inflammation, diarrhea or constipation. But remember, you have to maintain a good food habit for this. If you are too much into street foods or spicy foods, then your problems may continue.
- Improves your sleep. Insomnia or sleeplessness is another common problem amongst the people nowadays, due to an increase in stress, depression, and anxiety. Sleep is very important to carry on with our daily activities and to maintain good health. While travelling, you will be spending less time on electronic gadgets. This will help in maintaining your sleep pattern. Plus, when you will be strolling here and there the whole day, you will feel like going to bed at the right time at night to get a sound sleep.
If this makes you think that from now on, you need to take small breaks and make a trip for your own benefit, then plan and take that trip. If you are unable to research on travel destinations, visit the travel blog and plan out where to visit in your upcoming vacation. Go out and explore the world, there is so much to see and experience that you will never regret your decision to travel!