By Ashley Stahl, Originally Published in Forbes

Have you ever watched a documentary on a successful person and wondered how they found the strength to overcome adversity or rise to the top? As a career coach with clients wanting to land their dream job or see their business to succeed, one of the most repeated goals of a new client is to be “successful.”

But what does that mean to you? There is no one road to success because being successful means different things to different people. That being said, here are some tactics you can use to kick start your brain and attract success on a daily basis.

• Take risks. You cannot be successful in any field if you’re not willing to put it all on the line and jump with an idea. Trying and failing can be a terrifying step in your journey, but the only way you can truly succeed is by dusting yourself off and figuring out what works.
  • Work Hard. Working hard doesn’t mean clocking in 9 to 5 and calling it a day. It means living, eating and sleeping your dream. Write out your goals, set milestones, and make connections everywhere you can. As a study on experts in Salon magazine shows, in many areas of human endeavor, it takes many, many years of practice to become one of the best in the world. Keep your nose to the grindstone, because you never know when opportunity will present itself!
  • Admit when you’re wrong. The road to success is paved with failures, restarts, mulligans, and re-boots. A truly successful person learns that in order to be on the right path, you need to learn from your mistakes. As this article from Huffington Post reminds us, read the stories of Michael Jordan, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, and Walt Disney and learn how to adapt your mindset. Setbacks are part of the process, otherwise, success would be far too easy.

Don’t put yourself in a box by standing in the way of your own success. If you’re starting to stray from the New Year’s resolutions you set last month, go back and read them again. Stay vigilant and you will find success in your journey!

For a FREE course to land a new job you love, launch your dream business, or find your purpose, visit https://ashleystahl.com/

Author(s)

• I'm a career coach, keynote speaker, podcast host (You Turn Podcast) and author, here to help you step into a career you're excited about and aligned with. This may look like coaching you 1:1, hosting you in one of my courses, or meeting you at one of workshops or keynote speaking engagements! I also own CAKE Media, a house of ghostwriters, copywriters, publicists and SEO whizzes that help companies and influencers expand their voice online. Before being an entrepreneur, I was an award-winning counterterrorism professional who helped the Pentagon in Washington, DC with preparing civilians to prepare for the frontlines of the war on terror.