Are you an employee in Toronto fuming because you were wrongly terminated from serving your office? Well, if you’re not able to understand why you were suddenly sued and the contract doesn’t state few obvious facts, chances are you were wrongly denied and kicked out of work. However, living in the 21st century, it’s vital that you tackle such situations and take a stand for your rights. But, you’re not very good at comprehending paperwork or understanding the obligations of your working contract? No worries, a trusted employment lawyer can always help!
These lawyers work on helping you achieve justice when in cases of workplace discrimination, abuse, and termination. So, to prevent your rights being misused it’s vital that you have an experienced and trusted employment attorney by your side.
However, with the number of cropping law firms and individual lawyers, it can often become a chore to hire the correct employment solicitor. Nevertheless, there are few easy tricks to hiring the most experienced employment lawyer.
- Examine nearby law firms that come with an employment attorney. You can pick firms that have more than 20 years of experience to find an aged and capable employment attorney. In case you’re looking for something less fancy, you can also note down few single practitioners who have been working as an employment attorney for a span of time.
- Try to read website reviews on the firms and attorney’s selected. Check for reviews and testimonials of clients to review how beneficial these law service providers were to customers. You can also try to get referrals from your relatives or friends as most of these referrals yield positive results when it deals with issues like law and medicine.
- Experience isn’t the sole criteria that determine how beneficial the lawyer service will be. You as in individual must feel comfortable with your employment attorney’s counsel; she/he must not be condescending and instead can help you effectively find a solution to your predicament.
Thus, in order to find the ideal employment lawyer for you, here are some questions that will help you find the ideal one.
1. How Many Employment Cases Has She/he Taken To Court?
Often most employment attorneys have dealt with cases like maltreatment and misuse of employee conducts. However, few have actually advised the case to be taken to court. In most cases, these lawyers choose a measly sum of money and compromise to settle with the defendant.
However, this prevents client satisfaction and hence, to ensure that you get proper compensation it’s wise to pick a lawyer who takes cases to court.
2. What Does She/he Think of Your Case?
A reputed and skilled employment lawyer is one that is very vigilant of outcomes. She/he must be able to predict the consequence of your case even before it’s taken up for trial. So, state your situation exactly as it is, talk about how you were sued and why you feel wronged. If the case is justified, your employment solicitor will predict the positive outcome and ensure that you win at court.
3. What Are Some of His Biggest Accomplishments?
A lawyer who is proud won’t hesitate to talk about his accomplishments. So, consider asking him/her this question and note how they solved intricately delicate cases. More wins qualify your selected lawyer as an ideal candidate who can give you justice.
4. How Long Has She/he been an Employment Attorney?
An employment attorney needs to be in the field for 5 years or more to actually qualify as a reputed lawyer. So, ensure that the lawyer you picked has considerable experience of a few years to ensure a positive outcome for your case.
5. What are the Possible Legal Options for Your Case?
Your employment lawyer should be able to hear out your case and optimally advice you on the various available legal choices you have. Further, depending on the severity of your case, she/he must guide you on taking the case to trial or settling it outside court.
6. What is the Fees Charged?
When it comes to selecting an employment attorney, the best in the market will undoubtedly cost you. However, that doesn’t mean you need to go broke, simply consult a few firms and individual lawyers and measure out the cost charged. Once you find one suited to your needs along with the budget, take your case to court or settle outside if required.
However, ensure that justice you required is awarded to you. So, now that you know the correct ways to hire an employment lawyer, find the best one in your city today!