The modern age women face numbers of issues arising from multiple diverse areas like health, social insecurity, professional challenges, increased responsibilities towards family, relationships, and traditional thought line about gender difference etc. Most of the times, the majority of women ignore the problems because of diverse reasons, but in long run, the outburst of mental stresses delivers deep impact upon the psychological and physical health.
Five Common Psychological Problems The Women Face The Most:
1. Anxiety Disorder: Fatigue, sleep problem, worrying, irritating nature etc are the common symptoms of anxiety disorder. According to a NYC-based therapist Kimberly Hershenson, “Being in the profession, paying bills on the time, managing relationships and taking care of self is overwhelming for the physically and/or financially independent ladies; and, the pressure to manage all the issues leads to anxiety.”
2. Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD): BPD is the mental illness identified by the ongoing pattern of changes in self-image, behaviour and moods. It is often caused by regular changes, professional or personal (relationships), through which a woman passes through. The early symptoms include states of anger, anxiety, self-harming behaviour, and depression that last for hours or for days.
3. Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder makes the experience for women different than men. Sometimes, the stresses of young adulthood also trigger the onset. Although it is difficult to diagnose bipolar disorder but understanding and identifying the early symptoms help a lot to feel mentally stress-free. The early symptoms of bipolar disorder include feeling restless, overconfidence, distraction, racing thoughts, risky behaviour, severe fatigue, though for suicide etc.
4. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): ADHD is usually diagnosed in early age but it appears in adulthood also. Women in 20s are seen suffering from this mental illness when they complain about the lack in focus, disorganization, forgetfulness and introversion etc. ADHD can’t be treated by pharmacologically effectively for long-term side effect safe relief; only, Psychotherapy is the best treatment to deal with ADHD.
5. Depression: It is the most talked about the psychological issue faced by women. This psychological issue is more common in women than in men. The medication, healthy lifestyle and psychotherapy can treat the problem but early diagnose is important. You can visit Aaina Therapy if you think you are anyone in your surrounding is suffering from depression. The common symptoms include irritability, hopelessness, fatigue, thoughts of death/suicide and loss of interests in activities etc.
Three Critical Challenges That Usually Affect the Wellness Of Women:
Work-life balance: Working women oscillate between home chores and work demands. In addition, there are some social expectations also that they have to meet. The constant anxiety of managing the diverse demands of all the environments tend the women take additional emotional burden and workload. The continuous caring commitments with no scope of denial result in mental distress.
Productivity: To succeed, women need to be productive in professional and personal lives. The domestic responsibilities are not regarded as being ‘professional’, while the workplaces tend to be rigid to provide the required flexibility for women’s need. The caring responsibilities and diverse concerns for both the worlds lead the women to mental illness.
Finding time for self: Most of the women hardly find time for the self because they are left with no time after meeting out the demands of family, profession, and society. Long working hours usually lead to many unhealthy living conditions like poor food, less sleep and no exercise habits. The regular negligence of wellbeing leads the women for bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, depression etc.
Psychotherapy in Broad Concept:
Psychotherapy is the perfectly balanced blend of different treatments that help to treat psychological problems, psychiatric disorders and emotional challenges. Psychotherapy, often called “talking therapy” uses counseling rather than the medication.
10 Wellness benefits of Feminine Psychotherapy:
The feminine Psychotherapy delivers numbers of wellness benefits but the following ten are the most required benefits:
- Eliminates depression & anxiety
- Reduces negative/destructive thoughts
- Strengthens the sense of security
- Instils coping skills to manage complex situations
- Develops the habit of being less stressed -more relaxed even in complex demanding conditions
- Develops a sense of self-help
- Improves behaviours
- Reduce impulses of aggression
- Makes informed about symptoms and possible treatment
- Makes more confident in decision making and planning to handle complex conditions
If the symptoms like depression, low self esteem, negative thoughts, lack of sleep, mental unrest, worrying, irritating nature, hopelessness, disorganization etc are left uncared for a long, these may result in blood pressure problems and increased risk for heart attack. Luckily, the psychotherapy is making regular advances to treat different psychological problems effectively with least medication.
Five Tips to get the Best Psychotherapy Wellness Benefits:
Study report released by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that the women are more likely not only to experience intense mental health issues like depression and anxiety, women experience mental distress also at a higher rate than the men experience. As more and more complex psychological issues are being reported, Psychotherapists are also inventing new ways to deal with new mental health issues. As of today, Psychotherapy has become the best affordable and the most effective holistic mental health care but you too as a patient need to support the Psychotherapist:
1. Make it Part of daily life: Psychotherapy works the best when you apply the learning to daily lifestyle.
2. Take therapy as the collaboration: The relationship with Psychotherapist matters a lot because Psychotherapy is an interactive process.
3. Schedule sessions at a convenient time: During the Psychotherapy session, you need to be 100% devoted. Schedule your session when you are 100% comfortable and relax from urgent professional/personal tasks. You must be able to focus on what to convey, how to express yourself, what is being said.
4. Notice the changes: Set some markers to notice the behavioral, emotional and attitudinal changes. It strengthens your faith in Psychotherapy.
5. Track the progress: Generally, Psychotherapy session lasts for an hour or so but think about it 24/7. Analyze the advice, the way to apply, results and gained comfort etc.
Venting is awesome especially when we talk about mental stresses; writing the thoughts immediately is a good practice to exhaust the disturbing thoughts. You might be facing negative thoughts; develop the habit to countering them with positive thoughts. Opening to Psychotherapist is the key to success but it is a challenge also for the patient; the best way to counter this challenge is – start with smaller issues.