How do you talk to others?
How does that compare to the way you talk to yourself?
There’s unique power in words: what you say to yourself affects your entire life. It’s easy to fall into a pattern of negative self-talk, but that doesn’t mean our minds need to stay in that space. That’s why today I’m interviewing Liz Hernandez, who spends her time shifting her language use to positivity and self-love.
Liz is a Mexican-American, Emmy-nominated television personality and journalist. She’s quick-witted, with a genuine spirit, and exudes authenticity all the time. She was incredibly successful in her entertainment news career, but she realized that her work was no longer in alignment with what her soul craved.
At the same time, Liz’s mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and began losing her ability to speak; with this, she realized the power that words have. This sparked her inspiration for Wordaful. Wordaful is derived from the phrase, “Words are powerful,” and serves as a new way to tell stories, make powerful connections to words, and manifest new realities for yourself.
Get ready to learn the power of shifting your internal and external dialogue to one of self-love and defining fulfillment for yourself through it.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How would you characterize your transition into a space of personal development? (13:16)
- Can you share your story about getting featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network? (17:22)
- How can people identify qualities that do and do not serve them? (28:08)
- What is your most recommended book? (30:55)
- What criteria do you look for in a romantic partner? (34:22)
- What is your defining mindset hack? (36:43)
- How do you define fulfillment? (45:27)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- About Liz’s journey to creating Wordaful. (6:54)
- How Wordaful became a form of therapy for Liz. (13:36)
- How words both internally spoken and externally spoken affect experiences. (21:24)
- Why life starts to pay attention to us when we begin to care for and love ourselves. (23:48)
- Why being your own best friend can transform your present life and future. (28:26)
- The importance of finding happiness as an individual. (34:41)
- About Liz’s morning routine that sets her up for daily gratitude and success. (36:53)
- What has helped Liz positively shift her view of her body image. (40:48)
Connect with Liz Hernandez: