‘This won’t let me sleep, another message, no way, I’m sick of these calls!’ do you find yourself uttering these words lately. Well, you might be now travelling back to the olden days. On the other had ‘ Thanks to my phone I found your house, thanks to my mobile I remembered the deadline to submit my assignment, my mobile saved me from falling in to trouble since I pretended to be busy with it rather than talking to a stranger’. While reading, you might feel that you utter at least one of these every single day.
So now you are in a dilemma on whether to love it or throw your mobile. Well, let’s resolve this for you. First answer these questions:
- Why do you use a mobile?
- What are the most important things you do through your mobile?
- How often do you need your mobile?
Now you’ve done a self analysis on whether you need the mobile or not. Even if you need it or not you need to know that a mobile phone cannot dominate you. Rather you need to take control of it.
Here’s how you do it:
- Make calls only if it is ’NECESSARY’
- Send a text message only if you need to.
- Don’t repeat the same message on a SMS, whatsapp and fb messenger.
- Logon to the social channels only during a particular time period.
- Practice the habit of keeping your phone away at least 2 hours day to start with.
Once you do the above you will experience the following:
- More time for yourself.
- More time to spend with other.
- More battery remaining.
- Less effort to charge the mobile.
- Feeling Free.
Try this today – you’ve got to really try it out and feel the difference.
Originally published at: Seylan Bank Blog