When I decided to go on a weekend getaway at the end of January, I had no idea how much it would bring to my life. The planning was easy, as it is with most of my travels. I wanted something relatively close, relaxing, with amazing weather, fun and welcoming people, as well as good food. Tulum came as the obvious choice and Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum even more so.
Flying into Cancun is easy as it’s only a few hours away from most major cities in the US, followed by an hour and a half in the car to arrive to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, making this natural wonder incredibly accessible for anyone looking for a long weekend getaway, a romantic weekend, or even a place for your upcoming proposal or honeymoon.
It was the perfect quaint destination with a touch of luxury and the perfect balance between adventure, pampering, and spoiling myself. Designed to be a home away from home, in the middle of Tulum, which in turn lies in the middle of the protected jungle of the Riviera Maya, Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum was really a welcoming home for the perfect long weekend getaway. With its casual, yet luxurious approach to service, a few swimming pools and access to a fantastic beach club, Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum really delivered on its promise to take me away from the daily grind. Plus the complimentary bicycles meant that I was still going to be able to stay active and explore the nearby area without having to drive anywhere.
Here are a few things that made my weekend at Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum a successful one:
- I did my research. Rather than just picking a random hotel to stay at, I actually did my research. Nowadays a simple search can reveal all the good and the bad things about a place, which in turn enable you to make the best decision for yourself. I have to admit though, that even with all my research, Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum completely exceeded my expectations, which made the getaway even better.
- I had a plan, but I also had a lot of free time. I knew I wanted to check out the Si’an Kaan Biosphere, but I also knew I wanted to have some quiet time to lounge, relax, meditate, and just be with myself. So once again, Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum came through and helped me organize the Si’an Kaan adventure, while providing a sanctuary for me to enjoy my solitude.
- Keep the habits you enjoy even on vacation. I’m a fitness nut. No, not one of those people who goes to the gym to take photos, edit them to perfection and post them on Instagram, but one of those people who actually enjoys the rush of endorphins that come from a good workout or a good run. At Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum, I took advantage of the complimentary bikes to explore the surroundings and stay active while having a lot of fun. Plus, the hotel offers private yoga classes that will relax you completely after a day of adventure.
- Great food. I’m by no means a foodie, but I do love authentic home-made food that’s full of flavor and made with great ingredients. Which is why I always look for the casual, local foods, you know the ones where all the people who actually live there go to eat. I’ve had street food in every single city I’ve visited and it’s always been a fantastic experience. Or if you want to go all out, you can opt for the Kasa private chef experience.
- Bring the people who make your life better. Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum is a family-friendly hotel that welcomes guests with children of all ages. And if you did happen to bring your kids, but you’d love a night just to yourselves, there’s also babysitting available so you can have your family vacation as well as your romantic getaway.
- A little pampering. Beachfront and in-room massages are available at Kasa Hotel Parota Tulum and they are absolutely heavenly. Or you have the option of scheduling a massage with Mayan Clay at the Mayan Clay Bath, a massage that will leave you feeling heavenly inside and out.
While it was only a 4-day escape from my daily life, this getaway to my new home away from home brought me back renewed and ready to brace the rest of the winter (even if it’s just California winter). So next time you feel a little overwhelmed by your daily life, why not give in to a long weekend getaway in one of the most beautiful destinations in Riviera Maya.