Well here we are, at the end of another year and would you believe the end of another decade!  An opportunity to reflect on and consider the happenings.

My question to you is, did you set an expectation early in the year or did you face the year as it came? This is a question I’ve asked many of my clients with varying responses.

How has your year been?

“Years end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instil in us”

Hal Borland

So why do we look back at the year that was?

A calendar year is an approximation of the number of days of the earth’s orbital period, following the Gregorian calendar this is 365 days. This is what we follow and as much as I believe in regular check points to reflect, recharge and reset in life as we near the year end it’s a good opportunity to reflect and be future ready to delve into the new year with 2020 vision!

I’ve always loved the number twelve, since I was a child. I’m not sure why and have always referred to 12 tips and ideas in workshops and in writing such as in my recent white paper The 12 Superpowers.

The number twelve carries religious and magical symbolism and generally represents perfection and entirety, interesting I think.

Reflecting on 2019…

On that note I’ve devised  12-prompters to review the year that was. You can do this reflection individually or as team, a great way to open up dialogue and share and promote human centred leadership at work.

Take some time to reflect in order to refuel and reset for the new year – ask yourself the 12 questions.  Note your responses and review regularly.

As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Lead to be limitless…