I’m sooooo proud of all of you that are staying true to your commitment earlier this year to hit the gym, to get fine and “fitty” for 2020!

Now here’s the big but (no pun intended HA). You may be thinking “But…I’ve been working out since the beginning of the year…and I think I hit a wall where I’m not losing more desired weight.”

I know all about that wall! But, it can be overcome – and you’ve come too far to begin second guessing the process now. The scale never tells your true story, only your inner-will and determination can. You must always maintain a “Yes I Can – Yes I Will” positive attitude.

With that being said…here’s the bombshell SECRET you MUST incorporate to lose weight and drive results in the gym:

IT’S ALL ABOUT YOUR DIETTTTTTTTT (Grand Canyon echo).

I know a lady who started working out consistently in the mornings and became frustrated because she hadn’t lost weight. I asked what did she drink or eat for breakfast?

She said, “Just coffee.” Nothing wrong with that right? But I asked, “What kind of coffee?” She said, “White chocolate mocha latte.”

And ummmm, that’s the problem right there. That mocha is like a 500-600 calorie range. But during her 30min workouts she only burns about 300 calories. That mocha just shot her entire workout.

If you don’t remember anything I ever say about getting fit and losing weight…remember this simple rule:

YOU GOTTA BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU TAKE IN (Repeat 3 times.)

To do so here’s 3 Lovestyle Fit Tips:

Tip #1: GOOGLE & TRACK WHAT YOU EAT

Before you eat anything, Google the calorie intake, and make sure you read the labels. THEN TRACK EVERYTHING! Track your breakfast, lunch, dinner and every single snack and beverage in-between. It’s best to use a fitness app. At the bare minimum, use your iPhone notes. Then make sure your calorie intake is less than what you’re burning off.

The average woman needs to eat about 2,000 calories per day to maintain her weight, and 1,500 calories per day to lose one pound of weight per week. The average man needs 2,500 calories to maintain, and 2,000 to lose one pound per week.

Now here’s the problem. When we go over that 2,000-2,500 mark – which is very easy to do, you can offset the workout you’ve done and not lose weight.

A 60 minute walk on the treadmill at the basic level only burns 250 calories. 30 minutes on the Stairmaster at the basic level only burns 250 calories.

But if you started your day with a 500 calorie breakfast, which could be just a slice of wheat toast, 2 eggs, and couple slices of bacon – plus a “white chocolate mocha” at another 500 calories, you’re at 1,000 calories before 10am! You got about 12 more hours of living and eating before bed. If your lunch and dinner is similar in calorie intake, you’re at 3,000 by the end of the day.

Also read labels. Plus, don’t be fooled by “low-fat.” If you look at low-fat in comparison to regular peanut butter, it’s higher in calories, carbs, & sugar.

Tip #2 DRINK DRINK DRINK WATER!

Ever wondered why your stomach isn’t getting flat? It’s because you’re taking in too much sugar. Cut out the soda, juices, sugary sports drinks and definitely alcohol.

Often when you’re hungry it’s because you’re bored, or thirsty. Plus, soda makes you dehydrated, that’s why you keep drinking it again and again without being full. So, kill both of those birds with one stone – being that water bottle.

Hey, I know it’s tough! I’m fluffier than ever partly because I was breaking this rule when I went to Atlanta the other week #HappyHourSpecials. But we want results and a 6 Pac-Shakur right? Then water is the only way to go (unless of course you’re on stage rapping non-stop for 3 hours, in the studio for 8 hours, and doing 2 a-day workouts like the great 2Pac was!)

Whatever you drink should be ZERO SUGARS & ZERO CALORIES! Period!

Tip #3 FILL IN THE MEAL GAPS WITH HEALTHY SNACKS

Don’t starve yourself to the next meal and then pig out. When you’re hungry, eat! But eat or drink something that makes since to track and not relapse. This could be a protein shake, protein bar, or fruit – of course low in carbs, sugar, and calorie.

You must track, and accurately read the labels of the servings. For example, if you look at a Doritos bag, it’s 3 servings. It says 17 chips per serving at 150 calories. But y’all know good and dawg on well we often eat the WHOLE bag! That’s the total 3 servings and 51 chips which totals 450 calories. That’s not a snack that’s a meal, and a bad one.

So, eat right so all the work you’re putting in the gym won’t be for nothing. You can do it! In the words of the great Diddy “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop!” Team Six Pack for the Summer…here we come baby!