Freelancing is hot right now.

I could not gather the data of 2018, but in 2017 (according to Forbes) – The number of U.S. freelancers hit 57.3 million this year, from 53 million in 2014—an 8.1 percent increase, according to the survey. That means 36% of the U.S. workforce has freelanced this year

That is definitely an indication of preferability and profitability. Isn’t it?

Understand freelancing

Freelancing is different from employment. The former provides services to multiple clients while the later works with only one employee and gets a salary. Know more about freelancing here.

Freelancers don’t get salary, they get paid per project, per word, per hour or on a retainer basis.

If you are looking for freelancing options, check out this list of work at home jobs. It is such an extensive resource.

But, if you are a stay at home mom looking to work from home, check out this post on 20 stay at home mom jobs that pay well.

WHO HIRES FREELANCERS AND WHY?

Businesses of all kinds hire freelancers – whether online or brick or mortar. You can work with

• E-commerce or etsy store owners
  • Bloggers
  • Coaches
  • Social media managers
  • Digital marketing managers and many more.

It depends what services you are providing.

Businesses generally outsource a service to a freelance because of these reasons

• Not having enough time to do it yourself
  • Not wanting to do it all together and focusing on core areas
  • Cheaper than hiring a full time employee

1 BEST FREELANCING OPTION –Virtual Assistant

You can provide 150+ services as a virtual assistant. You can check out this post on how to become a virtual assistant and earn $50 an hour

I interviewed quite a few people who work as VA’s and earn more than $2000 a month. Check out this dad who works as a proofreader and earns a full-time income

There you go.

If you want to freelance, 2019 is the right time. The market is not saturated and you can easily establish yourself. For more work from options, you can visit my blog.