Marianne Williamson’s 2020 presidential campaign brings the 60-year-old American New Age movement to a full and complete circle. I’ve written extensively in the past on how New Age, in many ways, actually attributes to a dependency mindset, instead of self-realization and self-guided-destiny, which are the real goals of spirituality and Soul Evolution.

New Age became so popular because it was basically “religion light” or “gluten free religion.” New Age with its countless deities, statue worships and constant bowing and kneeling is identical to all religions of the world. In fact most aspects of American New Age are just transplanted Hinduism. Many swapped Krishna for Jesus or Kali for Mary. It’s that simple.

Marianne’s popularity as a self-help guru is due to her ultra-light Christian-based message. How can suburban women not like her? She is the perfect messenger of “everything is OK,” just add a dash of “love” to your meals, plus a side of “God” and follow it up with “I am OK with my physicality” dairy-free desert. All totally harmless and non-threatening; in many ways her message is very much in keeping with American churches. Marianne initially became known because of her association with A Course in Miracles which is based on supposed mid-20th Century internal conversation or channeling with an entity who introduced himself as Jesus.

Yoga has gone totally mainstream and is fully accepted into our culture. And with Marianne running for pres it also points to the obvious, that American New Age (based mostly on Hinduism, and her version on Christianity) is now a very much part of our culture as well. Can you imagine someone running on the message of “psychic energy” and “love fixes everything” in a presidential debate 20 years ago?

Every popular movement has a beginning, middle and end. We are now at the end of New Age and that’s simply amazing. A good thing that came out of New Age was to force its followers to rethink their allegiances with a certain religion just because they were born into it. Now it’s time to take the next step and go beyond New Age. We are heading for a major cultural spiritual upgrade–a Post New Age era.

I’d like to see a movement away from New Age completely and into Soul Evolution. I envision a radical change in vocabulary used at yoga studies where they still preach about surrender, being small and bowing to statues. A friend who attended a yoga studio in LA said the instructor told the group that ego is not your amigo. My friend laughed out loud after hearing that old misleading phrase and after the class she confronted the instructor about it. The instructor said it’s just something that she’s been told to say.

I want to see a movement that relies on real teachings of spirituality which are self-discovery, self-awareness, self-worth, self-reliance, self-guided-destiny and ultimately self-realization. I want to hear us chant Yoga Without Dogma! Hare Me! Not phrases worshiping mythical blue-skinned moody beings that fooled the early humans as being gods, or simply following inside voices claiming to be our ancient lords and prophets as a replacement for Soul Evolution.

New Age has run its course, long live Soul Evolution.

@Shahram Shiva

#mariannewilliamson #marianne2020 #yoga #god #universe #themind #fitness #rumi #spirituality #mystic #holistichealth #mantra #guru #beloved #truth #mindfulness #meditation #serenity #practice #self #healing #zen #selfrealization #growth #love #enlightenment #selflove #5thdimension

Author(s)

• Shahram Shiva

Shahram Shiva is an author, writer, poet, recording artist and award-winning translator of Rumi. He is teacher of advanced spirituality and ascension.

Shahram Shiva is an author, writer, poet, recording artist and award-winning translator and scholar of Rumi.

He is the founder of Rumi Network and one of the original translators and popularizers of Rumi. Shahram Shiva's Rumi interpretations are quoted and referred to in about 300 books in English and other languages.

He is a teacher of advanced spirituality (aka ascension). He is known for rich and entrancing concerts and performances, captivating talks and powerful experiential workshops.

Shahram Shiva's teachings are on the future of spirituality, consciousness expansion, vision manifestation, enlightenment, ascension and self-realization.

Shahram Shiva's newest books are 12 Secret Laws of Self-Realization and Rumi's Untold Story. His last album to date is Love Evolve.