Will 2020 be YOUR year of PLENTY?

As we hurtle towards the end of 2019, I have one question…

How was it for you?

This is a busy time of year for many of us-leaving us little time to breathe let alone reflect on what we have done for the last 12 months and what we want to do next. Among the social engagements, gift giving, cooking, shopping and Christmas card writing (please send some!) the last month of the year can leave us pretty frazzled if we are not careful.

But…December really is the time to reset, reframe and refocus and is a much better month to make plans for next year than January. If you would like 2020-the start of a new decade-to be your year of plenty, then I would urge you to take time this month to make your plans.

I know that one of the biggest reasons we often don’t achieve what we want to is down to a total lack of planning. Just talking about our dreams and ideas without writing them down is never going to work-trust me on this one! So, if you really are hoping that 2020 will be your year of plenty now is the time to start planning. 

Committing your ideas to paper sets an immediate intention to achieve them-you don’t need to worry about how you will get there just yet, the important thing is to set the intention that you want to make a change-do that and you will already start to focus on how your life will change when you achieve your goals and then opportunities will come your way to support and help you get there.

Of course, plenty means different things to different people. What do you want plenty of in 2020?

Plenty of time? Money? Good health and wellbeing? Rest and recuperation? Support? Inspiration and energy? Opportunities for change? 

Whatever your 2020 year of plenty looks like, use this handy PLENTY acronym to get started:

P ause-reflect and take time to focus. Remember to run your own race and not compare yourself to others. Pause and write for a few minutes each day to get clear on where you are and where you want to be.

L et go of anything holding you back, or that you no longer need or want in your life. Write lists of what is working and what isn’t.

E dit your life. Spend time looking at each part of your life-what needs to be edited?

N otice how you really feel right now and use free writing to unravel thoughts, feelings and fears.

T ime. Schedule ten minutes of time each day to start journalling-it WILL change your life!

Y OU! Make you a priority, look after yourself and be honest about what YOU want to do next and why.

You can find more tips, ideas and inspiration in my new book The Life Edit out now and available on Amazon-just click this link and treat yourself to an early Christmas present!

Sarah x